Handy Internet Marketing Tips For Christmas Holidays
It’s finally that time of the year again, YESS Christmas is around the corner and we all are waiting for the much-needed reprieve from the daily grind, go on a holiday or spend time with the families to celebrate.
The holiday season brings with it as much stress as cheer and as much chaos as the tranquil time at home with family and friends. Wrapping up the year leaves small business owners with a lot to consider, but this time could also be pretty useful to replenish and redecorate your business across both traditional and Internet Marketing platforms. Here are 4 very simple Internet Marketing tips to help you grow your business during the Christmas holiday period.
Use the power of Social Media
Social media, when used strategically, is the most powerful form of Marketing, therefore this Christmas season unleash the real power of social media and plan your social media effort. Your social presence will define your brand and can take you to the next level.
- Your Social Media Marketing needs a stellar content strategy to support it, creating great content on a regular basis can be a lot of work, so you need to get organized and need a schedule that works for you and your business. Download a template for your social media marketing calendar here – Try Coschedule It helps in planning and executing your entire Social Strategy in one place.
- Please don’t spread yourself too thin across various Social Media Platforms, You want to promote content on the network frequented by your target audience, Mix it up with informative and fun posts
- Cross-promote content from your website, blogs, and emails
- Run competitions to encourage interaction with customers, reward your best customers and increase brand loyalty.
- You can also promote a call to action from your FB page – whether it’s a shop now link or contact us to encourage traffic to your website.
Watch the Competition for their Internet marketing strategy
It’s important to keep an eye on your competitors and what better time to check their Internet marketing this Christmas season, take some time out to make a list of your competitors if you are not sure do a google search for your keywords, see who ranks on the first page – that’s your competition. See what your competitors are doing well (or perhaps not so well) in regards to their SEO & Internet marketing and use your research to your advantage.
- Do you know how well your competitors rank for keywords? Do you even know what keywords they target?
- Do they have a blog, how often and how much do they post, who writes for their blog?
- What social networks do your competitors use? How often do they post on each main network? Get a comprehensive competitor report & then plan your strategy accordingly.
- How much traffic they get on their website? How do they write their title tag/meta description? Screaming Frog’s SEO Spider Tool is a website crawler that can quickly audit all of your web pages for SEO-friendliness, and can also analyze page titles and meta descriptions.
When was the last time you checked Your Website
Have you been showering all your time & devotion to your social media pages & have neglected the Website? Your website is your most significant Internet marketing tool and the best performing websites are made of fresh, engaging & relevant content updated on a regular basis
- Ask your family to have a look at your website. Are your pages easy to navigate, do they understand the content ? Ask them for their honest feedback.
- Freshen up your website with up-to-date content & pictures for more visibility. Google crawls your website everytime you make an update or add content.
- Write to your customers this Christmas season & encourage them to give feedback on your website, It can actually help build trust and allow customers to be ‘more informed’ about your services while enabling them to recommend your website within their social circle.
- Check your website’s SEO Score, find out how SEO-friendly your website is, Find its strengths and weaknesses for free with Absoltz SEO Score tool – Check for the onsite issues with the website, low website loading speed, broken pages, duplicate content can adversely affect your website’s ranking.
Add Videos to you Internet Marketing Campaign
If you are looking for a creative way to get noticed and stand out from the competition add a video to your campaign, Google loves videos & rewards you for adding videos on your website.
Adding videos is a sure shot way of increasing your position in the search rankings. Christmas Season could be the ideal time for you to add some engaging custom video content. Videos are more personal and can showcase your company’s unique culture and personality. And if done right, they can have a positive impact and go a long way towards building loyalty for your brand.
Written by: Ricky Makan is a Senior Digital Marketing Consultant & founder of Absoltz Internet Marketing SEO Agency in Sydney Australia, with over 10 years online experience. He has helped businesses of all sizes increase the return on investment from their online marketing spend.